Ottawa Hedge Trimmer Maintenance and Repair
To optimize the life and reliability of your hedge trimmer, it’s important to service it regularly. Here are a few points that will help you bring order to your machine maintenance.
Mobile Vehicle Service Ottawa Hedge Trimmer Maintenance
- Check the starter, the starter cord and the return spring.
- Make sure that the vibration-damping elements are not damaged.
- Clean the outside of the spark plug. Remove and check the electrode gap. Adjust the gap to 0.5 mm (0.020″) or change the spark plug.
- Clean the cooling fins on the flywheel.
- Clean or replace the muffler’s spark arrest screen (not on mufflers with a catalytic converter).
- Clean the carburetor area.
- Clean the cooling fins on the cylinder and check that the air intake in the starter unit is not blocked.
- Fill the gearbox with grease. This should be carried out after approximately every 20 working hours.
- Check that the bolts keeping the blades together are tightened.
- Clean the fuel tank.
- Clean the carburetor and the area surrounding it.
- Clean the fan wheel and the area around it.
- Check the fuel filter and the fuel pipe, replace if necessary.
- Check all cables and connections.
- Check the clutch, clutch springs and the clutch drum with regard to wear. Replace if necessary.
- Change the spark plug.
- Check and clean the muffler’s spark arrest screen if necessary (only mufflers with a catalytic converter).
Performing these maintenance routines will keep your hedge trimmer in top shape and prevent damage from happening. Keeping to a maintenance routine will not only save you in the long run but it will keep your hedge trimmer ready for anytime you may need it.